Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

notifier takes 3.0 minutes

I check only 2 services, each on a separate machine.
It's been working great for 6 weeks (When I bought the program),until yesterday. Now, instead of checking in .3 to .5 sec average, each test runs for exactly 3 minutes. It doesn't notify me as a failure, but rather it is yellow(either yellow or grey (the notifier).
I can't think of anything that has changed on my machine, or the two servers.
The servers are running fine. If I quite Simon, everything goes back to normal for an hour or so, then this "3 minute" problem returns.

Anyone have this happen before?

Thanks!

UPDATE: The "3 minute" mark is what Simon is set to timeout at. So it is timing out after about 10 tries to each server (Every 5 minutes). As soon as I quit and restart, it works again for about 10 hits on the server.
I can also see that Simon is not making the request when this happens (No request is seen on my machine from Simon).
Service: HTTP
Method: GET

David Sinclair's picture

Re: notifier takes 3.0 minutes

Did you recently upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5.7? Some people have reported problems with this OS with the Web service. Simon 2.5.2 seemed to behave better for them.

If that doesn't help, you could enable the debug mode for the Web plugin to output diagnostic information to the Console log. Enter the following in Terminal:

defaults write com.dejal.simon2 WebDebugMode YES

And send the Simon-output lines to me after a problem occurs again.

Thanks- I did upgrade to

Thanks-

I did upgrade to 10.5.7, and didn't upgrade Simon. I'll try that first and let you know how it goes!

Re: notifier takes 3.0 minutes

Upgrading seemed to do the trick!
Thanks again for a great product and fast response!