Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

MySQL no parameters after upgrade to v3.0

My MySQL query is broken after upgrade. Where do I edit these parameters (as stated in help)

The MySQL plug-in is displayed when you choose MySQL in the Service Kind pop-up menu in the New / Edit Service window.

This plug-in is used by the default MySQL service. It will connect to a specified MySQL database and perform a query, to ensure it is fully operational.

Server: Enter a default server domain name, or leave it blank. Normally you'd leave the default blank.

Port: Enter a port to connect on, or leave it blank to use the default. Normally you'd leave the default blank.

Socket: Enter the socket to use, for example "MySQL.sock".

Database: Enter a default database name.

Query: Enter a default query to perform, for example "SELECT * FROM table".

This plug-in was written by Daniel Ellis .

David Sinclair's picture

Re: MySQL no parameters after upgrade to v3.0

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. The help you quote indicates where those settings are: in the Edit Service window. Those are the default values. The Edit Test window has corresponding fields for each test.

It's possible that the MySQL plugin might have been damaged in version 3.0; lots of things changed in that major upgrade, and the plugins were all rebuilt, though the MySQL one wasn't otherwise altered.

Have a look in the Console log; it might provide some helpful clues.

David Sinclair's picture

Ah... I see that although the MySQL plugin is present in the application, it is not being loaded for some reason. I will investigate and fix for 3.0.1. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Not to be a pain or anything 8), but any estimate as to when the MySQL service will be fixed? I use it for 5 of my tests.

David Sinclair's picture

I have some major time constraints, but I'm hoping to be able to release 3.0.1 around the end of the month.

David Sinclair's picture

I have fixed the MySQL plugin issue. Just waiting on some tweaks to the Twitter plugin, then I'll release 3.0.1. Hopefully within a week.

Thanks David, that's all working great now. 8)