Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

2 new feature requests

Time Out is a fabulous app, and I had no problem donating to support it. I personally think it's worth between $10-15 (ie $12.95), but since it's been so useful and you really can't put a price on mental health, I rounded up (ie 14.95)

I see there are several features coming in V2.0 which will be nice, notably that Time Out will not need to be in the dock anymore. The two features I'd most like to see are:

1) When you select the application, the preferences pane would open immediately. As it stands, nothing happens. I'd guess that 98% of us are going to adjust something in the preference pane when we select Time Out. I have yet to select it for any other reason. Why make us go through the extra step of using the pull down menu and selecting preferences? It seems superfluous and annoying, at least to me.

2) Enable the sound/music file to pick randomly from an iTunes playlist. Currently I have established a "Time Out Tracks" playlist, and have to manually alter the song every time a time out occurs if I don't want to hear the same song over and over. It would be splendid if you could program Time Out to perform that function for me. I imagine it's possible, given how well most OSX applications play with each other.

Thanks again for writing this great app!

David Sinclair's picture

Re: 2 new feature requests

Thank you for the donation, I appreciate it. And thanks for the suggestions.

1. In Time Out 2, the settings will come up automatically, since the app will be structured differently.

2. Playing a random track from playlist is a good idea; I'll definitely consider adding that option (probably not in 2.0, though you never know).

Thanks again!