Macfilink - Programs that don't allow zero-framed links

I have heard that there are quite a few affiliate programs out there that don't allow zero-framed links. I understand that Macfilink uses a framing method to cloak the links (which has its advantages, since visitors can't remove the affiliate ID after visiting the site) but may be against some affiliate programs rules. Does Macfilink use "zero-frame links" or a similar scheme, and if so, is there a way to turn this off in Macfilink? Thanks.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Macfilink - Programs that don't allow zero-framed links

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "zero-framed links". Macfilink uses a frame to display the affiliate page, so it isn't a zero-sized frame. The header area can be a zero-sized frame, but you can also use it to display content.

See the Rebuild Your Vision page on this site for an example.

Re: Macfilink - Programs that don't allow zero-framed links

Thanks, I listened to the audio again and what the guy said was that some affiliate programs "allow zero framed links." In other words, they don't allow framed links!

Clickbank advises against framing your links, but they don't seem to say it violates their rules, just that clicks may not track properly. But it's easy enough to check this by clicking the "buy" button and seeing if your affiliate ID appears at the bottom of the order form.