Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Simon 5 is coming soon!

Simon version 5 is currently in beta testing. It is a massive update, introducing a much-requested feature: syncing the Simon data between multiple Macs, plus a Simon Status service, a Link Checker filter, improved Find filter, iMessage and Speak Error notifiers, a new app icon, and much more.

Important: please note that Simon 5 requires a minimum of macOS 10.12 (Sierra), and will be a paid upgrade from Simon 4 after the beta. Purchasers since September 1, 2020 automatically get a version 5 license (that also works in previous versions).

Read the blog for details.

HTTP test anomoly - aka I don't understand this

I have a server which is down - won't ping at the moment, and won't load the index page in a browser - yet the Simon test shows good. Seems like I'm overlooking something here - but don't know what. Get and post both show good. Suggestions for a more comprehensive test appreciated.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: HTTP test anomoly - aka I don't understand this

Re-checking the test doesn't show it as a failure? What happens if you preview it?

You don't have any special filters on the test by any chance? It's possible to filter a failure into a success.

Sounds weird... might be worthwhile confirming that the test is actually checking the affected server, and isn't mislabeled or something.

Re: HTTP test anomoly - aka I don't understand this

no filters - they restarted the box, so it's good now - v strange. I'm going back to running Wireshark on my Simon box for a week because of some other transient failures in the infrastructure, so I'll let you know if I see anything useful. tx