Time Out icon Time Out
You deserve a break

New to Time Out Free and needing some help

I just downloaded Time Out and did the settings for it, but I apparently messed up as I don't want the 10 second break and that is what it is doing. There is no way that I can open it to change it. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it just opened and started doing the 10 second breaks and it still will not allow me to open it.

Is there any way I can get into it and change it (I am not a techie) or do I have to just uninstall it and wait for version 2 to come out. (I hope not)

Thanks in advance for your help.

David Sinclair's picture

Re: New to Time Out Free and needing some help

Simply open Time Out (double-click in the Finder, or click the Dock icon if it's there), then choose Preferences from the Time Out menu. You can disable or change the Micro and/or Normal breaks as desired.

I'd recommend installing the latest version of Time Out from this site, though; it is newer than the App Store edition.

Thank you, I will try installing from here. I unfortunately cannot do any of your recommendations because all it does is the mini break, but I am unable to open it, so I cannot get to the menu, much less preferences. I did try all click combinations left and right, single and double, from the icon in the dock and Finder and Launch both before and after trying to uninstall and re-install it. Maybe by downloading it from here it will give me the option to overwrite the one that is here.

thank you again.

David Sinclair's picture

Find Time Out Free in your Applications folder, and drag it to the Trash. That will ensure it isn't run again.

Click-and-hold on the icon in the Dock to get the Dock menu. You can choose Quit from there, if the app is running.

Otherwise, you can restart your Mac to make sure it isn't running (after moving it to the Trash).

You can then open the new version from this site.