About the Release Notes
Want to know what has changed since a previous version? This page lists those changes. You can alter the range of release notes to display if you wish.
The latest release of Simon is version 3.5.1.
(Release 3028): released 2013-04-14; requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later; Mountain Lion-ready
- Fixed the Apple Mail transport method for the E-mail notifier plug-in.
- Improved the reliability of the Web (HTTP) plug-in helper.
- Added more debug logging to the Web (HTTP) plug-in helper.
(Release 3027): released 2013-03-11; requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later; Mountain Lion-ready
- Moved the main functionality of the Web (HTTP) plug-in into a helper app, so any issues with it won't affect Simon.
- The Web (HTTP) plug-in now respects the charset of the source page, so for example the source of a Japanese site will be passed to filters and notifiers correctly.
- Similarly, the Preview and Show Source windows now respect the charset of the source web pages.
- Fixed some issues with the Twitter plug-in.
- Fixed some issues with the Calendar plug-in.
- Improved split handling in the Script editors.
- The Email plug-in's helper no longer appears in the Dock.
- Updated the Speech notifier plug-in to use modern APIs, and support stopping speaking while editing the notifier.
- Fixed an exception when using the FilterIndex variable in a script.
- Fixed an off-by-one error in calculating the Statistics values (they were one second higher than the actual duration).
- Increased the wait on waking from 15 to 30 seconds, to allow time for the internet connection to be ready.
- Removed the hidden preference to use the legacy Automatic email transport, as it doesn't work when building for Mountain Lion.
- Fixed a crasher when canceling a New Test editor.
- Added a license button to the Preferences window, when unlicensed, to make it easier to buy the app.
- Fixed display of license entry date in the Licenses editor.
- Improved full-screen support.
- Fixed a bunch of memory leaks.
- Updated the UI layouts to better support localization.
- Updated the German, French and Japanese localizations.
- Rebuilt for Mountain Lion using Xcode 4.
- Many changes to improve Mountain Lion compatibility.
- The standard edition of the app is now signed with a Developer ID to support Gatekeeper on Mountain Lion.
- Simon now requires an Intel Mac and a minimum of OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).